Dr. Theodoros Philippou, M.D. is an Orthopaedic Surgeon for Children and Adults, who since 07.01.2019 is practicing in Limassol, Cyprus.
Dr. Philippou completed his studies at the 1st Medical Faculty of Charles University in Prague and finished his training in General Orthopaedics and Pediatric Orthopedics at Motol University Hospital, in Prague. Currently, he is an active member of the Czech Society for Orthopaedics and Traumatology (ČSOT) and the International Society of Orthopaedic Surgery and Traumatology (SICOT).
From 2011 until 2018 he worked at the largest university hospital in Central Europe - Motol University Hospital, as well as at the largest Czech Arthroscopic Center - Beroun Arthroscopic Center.
He specializes in General Orthopaedics, with emphasis on General and Trauma Pediatric Orthopaedics, minimally invasive surgery and sport medicine. He is a holder of multiple diplomas for performing ultrasound examinations of the complete musculoskeletal system and the hips of infants.
He also taught General and Pediatric Orthopaedics, to an undergraduate level, at the 2nd Medical Faculty of Charles University in Prague, as well as in to large number of young Orthopaedic residents during their training.
He has contributed a number of scientific papers to the orthopaedic literature.
1. Management of osteoarthritis – conservative treatment
Interní Med. 2017; 19(5): 251-257 MUDr. Eduard Šťastný, Ph.D., prof. MUDr. Tomáš Trč, CSc., MBA, MUDr. Theodoros Philippou
2. Management of damaged articular cartilage and osteoarthritis – surgical treatment
Interní Med. 2018; 20(1): 32-37 MUDr. Eduard Šťastný, Ph.D., prof. MUDr. Tomáš Trč, CSc., MBA, MUDr. Theodoros Philippou,, MUDr. Jaromír Přidal, MUDr. Daniel Bělík, MBA
3. The management in treatment of the intra-articular injuries knee joint in children and adolescents
Doc. MUDr. Vojtěch Havlas, Ph.D., MUDr. Jakub Kautzner, Ph.D., MUDr. Theodoros Philippou, MUDr. Michal Stark Pediatrie pro praxi. 2017, roč. 18, č. 2, s. 104-109. ISSN: 1213-0494; 1803-5264.
4. Use of computed tomography in the evaluation of osteointegration and bone remodelling around cementless revision oval cup - type TC ,
ŠŤASTNÝ, Eduard — TRČ, Tomáš — PHILIPPOU, Theodoros, et al. Ortopedie (Praha), 2016, roč. 10, č. 5, s. 200-206. ISSN: 1802-1727.
5. Evaluation of Outcomes after Anterior Cruciate Ligament Reconstruction in Children and Adolescents.
Philippou T, Kautzner J, Hladký V, Šťastný E, Havlas V. Acta Chir Orthop Traumatol Cech. 2015;82(6):398-403.
6. The History of Orthopaedics in the Czech Republic newsletter Sicot v 04/2016
7. Traumatic dislocation of the patella in children and adolescents
Jakub Kautzner, Vít Hladký, Theodor Phillipou, Vojtěch Havlas – Source: Ortopedie: 4/2014
8. Mid-term results of revision total hip arthroplasty using the oval-shaped uncemented
Trč-Cingr cup. Šťastný E, Trč T, Handl M, Kos P, Kautzner J, Philippou T, Lisý J. int Orthop. 2014 May;38(5):935-40. doi: 10.1007/s00264-013-2269-7. Epub 2014 Jan 16
9. Rehabilitation after total hip arthroplasty
Eduard Šťastný, Tomáš Trč, Theodoros Philippou - Source: Ortopedie. 2013, year 7, č. 2, s. 58-61. ISSN: 1802-1727.